Add a touch of magic to your event or celebration with one of our Confetti Cannons. Don’t rely on the cheap handheld confetti options when you can create quite the statement with our professional Confetti Cannon that can rain confetti down on you exactly when you want it. It’s an ideal extra element for your First Dance, Product Launch, Awards Evening or even a special announcement, grand entrance and more.
You also have the option of choosing the colour of your confetti so a perfect choice to suit your theme or brand. LED lights on the Confetti Cannon make an even bigger statement!
Keen to make your event go off with a bang? Get in touch with us today and let’s discuss making your event one to remember!
(Confetti Cannon is only available in addition to a DJ hire booking and not available for hire on own).
After a number of requests from clients, we are pleased to announce we are now able to take payments by MasterCard or Visa.
Understandably people use their credit card for a number of reasons, whether it’s for Airpoints™, Cashback rewards or other types of rewards offered by their bank and for some it’s just easier to be able to have the flexibility if they want it.
So now you have a couple of other options on top of paying by direct credit or internet banking! We even have it set up so you can pay directly from your invoice we send you. It’s just another way booking with Ridler DJ makes it all a seamless and stress-free part of organising your event…whether it’s a birthday, wedding or Corporate event.
Entertainment can make or break a wedding reception. Whether you opt for a DJ, band, ensemble group, or solo artist, there will be advantages and disadvantages to each choice. To help you make up your mind, we’ve compiled a few reasons why your preference might swing in favour of hiring a professional DJ.
1/ THEY’LL PROLONG THE PARTY
Image by Perry Trotter Photography
They say that when it comes to weddings, what guests remember most is the food and entertainment. The former is essential so that your guests have the energy to enjoy the latter, which is really the substance of the post-ceremony celebrations. Hiring a DJ who can adeptly amplify the mood of your guests will ensure the longevity of the merrymaking so that your night is truly one to remember.
2/ THEY CAN READ THE ROOM (& ADAPT)
Image by Sky Studios
One of the biggest perks of having a DJ at your wedding reception is that you have a constantly adapting setlist. Your DJ can read the room and make live changes based on the needs of the crowd. Not only is it generally great to have dynamic entertainment so that your guests’ excitement is intensified, but it can also be helpful in smoothing out any mishaps that may occur so that your event doesn’t come to a standstill as people deal with a fainting guest, drunken relative etc.
3/ THEY SET THE TONE FOR YOUR RECEPTION
Image by Keeper Creative
One of the benefits of hiring a DJ for your wedding is that it helps set the tone for the rest of your evening. With an experienced DJ at the helm, you can rest assured that the provision of entertainment is in the hands of a professional. What’s more, since DJs often have the microphone for large portions of the evening, they can also act as a master of ceremonies should you require someone other than your wildcard relative to make announcements to keep things running smoothly.
4/ THEY CAN WEAVE REQUESTS INTO THE EVENING
Image by James Simmons Photography
There’s nothing quite so fun as dancing wildly to a song you love with your closest friends and family. The problem is, you might not have the forethought to include all your favourites in the list of special requests that you give to the person(s) providing your entertainment. It’s also possible that if you’ve opted for a band or solo artist, that they may not have the flexibility to accommodate the spontaneous musical whims that emerge on the dance floor. But a professional DJ is likely to have a database of tens of thousands – if not hundreds of thousands – of songs, enabling them to weave requests of different genres into the setlist for the night in a seemingly effortless way.
5/ SOUND SYSTEM INCLUDED
Image by Ephemeral Creative
Hiring a DJ for your wedding means you’re also hiring a professional-grade sound system. This is particularly important if you have a larger number of guests or if your reception will be held outdoors, as guests will actually be able to hear and enjoy the music. Experienced DJs will also have backup systems in case technical problems arise – which could very well happen despite impeccable planning. This means that no matter what, you’ll have a professional quality sound system at your reception to play a never-ending stream of great music. The last thing you want is to have to end the night prematurely due to the gear malfunctioning.
6/ YOU’LL GET A PERFECTLY VARIED SETLIST
Image by Diana V Photography
It’s important that the songs holding special meaning for you as a couple get played on the night. However, when it comes to the overall setlist, its design should really be catered to the crowd of guests attending rather than to your individual tastes (particularly if you have niche music tastes). That way, you can ensure that everybody has a great time as a collective, rather than having a crowd of wallflowers who aren’t able to get into the dancing mood. With their years of experience working different crowds, DJs will have the perfect variety of songs to keep your particular group moving through the night.
7/ YOU’RE HIRING PEACE OF MIND
Image by James Simmons Photography
Of course, the many other perks of having a DJ aside, the advantage that affects you the most is that you can have some peace of mind. Knowing that the entertainment is sorted will allow you to let your hair down and fully enjoy the festivities. You don’t have to stress about the solo artist having a sore throat, or how to fill the longer transitions between songs when you’ve got a five-piece band. You can be truly present and experience all the best moments of this first night of your married life.
When planning your Wedding, consider a Winter Wedding. There’s some great reasons to plan your Wedding in Winter and here’s six of them!
1. The price is right Wedding venues quickly become booked solid through summer months, which means your dream venue may be unavailable for a year or more. By planning a winter wedding, you’re far more likely to secure the venue you want, when you want, without peak season prices.
2. Colour comes to life Winter’s bare boughs and frosty carpets provide an ideal canvas for splashes of colour. Bold accent hues pop while soft pastels such as aquamarine look ethereal when juxtaposed against a snowy landscape. Incorporate nature’s best in your theme. Consider a chocolate brown pinecone motif, or weave winter wonderland symbolism throughout the event.
3. Embrace layers of love Gorgeous fabrics deemed too weighty for summer – such as sophisticated silk satins and heavy lace – become luxurious possibilities in winter. Look beautiful, but stay warm by wearing a dress with sleeves, or a donning a decorative coat or jacket. ‘A winter wedding is a fabulous opportunity to not only wear a stunning dress but to consider layering,’ says designer Anna Schimmel. ‘Adding a bridal jacket to your ensemble essentially gives you two looks [wear your jacket outdoors and remove it for your reception]. I also advise winter brides to have fun with a cover-up. They can pair a simple gown with a shrug embellished with ruffles or strong detailing.’
4. Picture this The New Zealand winter sets the stage for stunning wedding photos. From Mount Ruapheu to Mount Cook many of our mountain ranges are snow-covered, and the South Island’s magnificent glaciers also make particularly breathtaking backdrops. Winter’s overcast weather creates flattering, ambient lighting. Plus, you don’t have to worry about squinting into the sun during the portrait session. The North Island experiences more rainfall in winter than any other season so if you’re planning outdoor photos, have an indoor back-up plan.
5. They’re all yours There are fewer public holidays during the cold months – which is ideal if you’re planning a multi-day event, as your guests’ accommodation options are likely to be plentiful and more budget-friendly. Furthermore, your wedding is unlikely to clash with your guests’ own holiday-weekend plans. Even boutique luxury accommodation, such as Auckland’s Mollies and the South Island’s Blanket Bay have reduced room rates, so you can get luxe for less. However, if you’re planning a ski resort destination wedding, you’ll be competing for space with thousands of snow-goers, so you’ll need to book accommodation well in advance.
6. Pamper party If hitting the bars in town seems a little ‘been there, done that’ for your hen party, suggest to your bridesmaids that they make the most of winter by embracing the season. Why not pack up and head off to the mountains for a ski/snowboard weekend? By organising a group lesson for newbies even the most timid snow bunnies can enjoy hitting the slopes. If pampering is more your thing, what better place to kick back in winter than the hot pools? Rotorua’s Polynesian Spa has been voted one of the top 10 day spa resorts in the world. In addition to featuring a variety of massage therapies on the menu, it offers private thermal pools, perfect for a girls’ gathering. On the shores of the South Island’s Lake Tekapo, Alpine Springs Spa & Winter Park is all about celebrating the winter season. As well as hot pools and a spa, they have an ice hockey rink and state-of-the-art snow slope, dedicated entirely to snow tubing.
It’s an interesting experience now being on the other side of Weddings. I recently proposed to my girlfriend of almost 8 years (yeah I know, about time) when we were over in Rarotonga at Labour Weekend. That in itself was interesting. Not only did she almost bust me in the jewellery shop at the Auckland Airport before we even left but halfway in to the holiday she also found the receipt that I (stupidly) took out of my bag while sorting it out and put it on the TV cabinet in the hotel room. Anyway, the surprise of it happening was lost except for the possibility of me asking her on the trip or not. About 24 hours later I did. On the beach on a beautiful sunny afternoon. Phew! First task done right?!
The thing is, and the point I’m making, is now rather than being on the side of helping others with their Wedding entertainment, I’m now in the position of organising my own Wedding and there’s a bunch of stuff I need to sort before I think about the entertainment. Things like the date, the venue, the budget, who to invite and the list goes on!
I think the first task is coming up with an estimated budget. I say estimated because you don’t really have any idea how much it’s going cost so the first thing we started doing is researching venues. This is the most expensive part of a Wedding if you include the venue hire plus the food and a drinks package (both typically a based on a ‘per person’ rate). You would think after over 16 years of DJaying all over Auckland and beyond I would know the perfect venue…I don’t. Typically, I paid no attention. I mean I know have contacts I’ve developed at many venues but that kind of all goes out the window until we have worked out what we want.
I think you need to do some investigation in to venues first and foremost and have discussions with your partner around what you both want, what style of Wedding, an approx. number of guests…and from there, you may then have a very slight idea to be able to work out the budget, the date etc. After all, the date may depend on what venues are available and these are often booked out well in advance, especially if you found a venue you really love.
So what do you book and when? I’m writing this because entertainment is something people leave till last when Wedding planning, when in theory this should also be booked around the same time as your other suppliers. To get a quality DJ or band, getting in contact early is important as they are typically booked out well in advance. If you are getting married in the peak Wedding season (January-April) or on a Saturday this is more of more importance. If you’re planning a Wedding around the lead up to Christmas remember you’ll also be competing with Work Christmas Parties.
At the time you are starting to lock in your venue, photographer, videographer, florists, caterers and celebrant, also start investigating your entertainment. This will help to avoid disappointment down the track. This is typically done 12-18 months in advance.
All the best with your Wedding planning. I know I’ll need it!
This weekend (May 3) is the 20th Anniversary of the biggest Wedding show in New Zealand – the Bride and Groom Wedding Show at the Ellerslie Event Centre.
Experience the fun, excitement, and glamour as New Zealand’s top wedding specialists gather at Ellerslie Event Centre; where there will be hundreds of gorgeous ideas, on-trend inspiration, fashion shows, instant prizes and competitions to enter – everything you need to plan your dream wedding in one place, on one day with options for all budgets.
The Bride and Groom Wedding Show has stacks of beautiful inspiration across four floors of top wedding specialists, plus stunning displays of marquees and bridal cars in the gardens to help you envision your special day.
Again this year The Ridler Mobile DJ will be there showcasing what we do and answering any questions you may have about your upcoming Wedding Day. Come and see us on the second floor at stand 107 to see what we’re about and how we can make your special day a success..whether you want something simplistic when it comes to your entertainment and lighting or want to add a bit more ‘wow’ to your big day. We have the quality equipment and a wealth of experience to work with you through the process…plus enter to be in to win $1000 towards your Wedding entertainment from us*! All you need to do is enter to win at the stand!
EVENT DETAILS Bride and Groom Wedding Show Sunday 3 May 9am-5pm Ellerslie Event Centre, Auckland Website: www.brideandgroom.co.nz
Summer in New Zealand is Wedding season. For The Ridler Mobile DJ, Wedding season has already started and goes right through to the end of April/beginning of May. Early 2015 is our busiest time and you really want to get in as early as possible when thinking about booking your Wedding entertainment and securing your Wedding DJ.
For over 15 years we’ve been providing the best and most professional Wedding DJ service possible. Weddings aren’t just another day or another party…it’s the most important day of your life. You want to make sure you have a professional Wedding DJ who knows what they they are doing, has years of experience to call upon and understands exactly what you are after. That’s where we can help make your day one to remember.
We’re able to provide the sound for your Ceremony right through to the end of the night. We can even be your MC if you need! There’s a range of options you can have to make your Wedding a success from custom lighting to additional sound or just roll with something more basic. If you’d like to know more about booking a Wedding DJ with The Ridler Mobile DJ then don’t hesitate to get in contact. We’d love to hear from you!
Thanks to everyone that came by and spoke to us about our services and options we offer for Wedding services and apologies if we didn’t get a chance to! Our stand was pretty crazy for most of the day! We hope that we managed to talk to most of you though and answer any questions you had.
We also spoke to a few people at the Bride & Groom Show about their upcoming Wedding and gave out quotes at the time. Don’t forget if you didn’t get a chance to talk to us at the show there is still a chance to take advantage of our Bride & Groom Show “Show Special” of 20% off. Just head over to our contact page and submit a quote enquiry and tell us you saw us at the show to be eligible for the discount too. A reminder the Bride & Groom Show offer is only available till this Friday 12 May and you need to have confirmed your booking and paid the minimum $100 deposit before then.
We’ve made our website as informative as possible in the hope we can give you a good idea on what we do, what we offer and answer any questions you may have. Have a good look around and if you have any questions or want further details please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
I hope we can provide our services for your upcoming event and don’t forget we can also do Engagement parties (if you’re not quite at the ‘big day’ stage yet!).
When it comes to parties and celebrations Ridler DJ has over 20 years experience in making them truly memorable. We take pride in providing you with the best service when it comes to finding and booking an Auckland DJ for your function.